The financial reporting of inventories / Dr. Ralph L. Benke, Jr., Ph.D., CMA, Professor Emeritus, James Madison University and Randall J. Vitray, CPA, Former Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Benke, Ralph L., Jr.
- Arlington, VA : Tax Management Inc., -
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Vitray, Randall J. and Tax Management Inc
- Accounting policy & practice portfolios : accounting rules and disclosures ; portfolio 5168-2nd
- Detailed analysis. Purpose and scope of this portfolio -- Basic inventory accounting concepts -- Perpetual inventory systems: the FIFO, LIFO, and moving average methods for recording inventories -- Periodic inventory system: the FIFO, LIFO, and weighted average methods for recording inventories -- Journal entries for perpetual versus period inventory systems -- Adopting an inventory method -- Special issues with LIFO -- Dollar-value LIFO -- Retail inventory methods -- Changing inventory methods -- Inventories of merchandisers -- Inventories of manufacturers -- Practical methods of forecasting inventory levels -- Inventory disclosures -- IFRS rules on inventories -- Working papers.
- "Bloomberg Tax Accounting Portfolio 5168-2nd, The Financial Reporting of Inventories (Accounting Policy and Practice Series), reviews the most common methods of reporting inventories, the financial statement implications of changing inventory methods, and the rules for disclosing inventory methods and practices in financial statements."
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27042749