Sabina Spielrein and the poetry of psychoanalysis : writing and the end of analysis / Michael Gerard Plastow
- Plastow, Michael Gerard
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- x, 158 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- I want a good friend to whom I could lay open every tug of my soul -- What really is this abominable thing called love? -- I wrote a poem to you -- Over a beautiful picture, one can become poetry -- You must overcome (destroy) yourself -- What were the fantasms that occupied the child? -- I violently resisted the interpretation of Siegfried as a real child -- I sat there with Siegfried and worked.
- "Sabina Spielrein, who has been mostly known for her relation with her analyst Carl Jung, came to the attention of the wider public following the discovery and publication of some of her diaries and personal letters some forty years ago. The focus on her relationship with Jung, and her personal story has consequently led to a neglect of her writings, with many of her crucial texts even remaining untranslated into English. Sabina Spielrein and the Poetry of Psychoanalysis seeks to re-address this distortion of her legacy by examining her original contribution to the field, such as her early analytical work with children"--
- 9780367001414 hardcover, 0367001411 hardcover, 9780367001421 paperback, and 036700142X paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27043873