Finland-India Business Opportunities [electronic resource] : Connecting the Swan and the Elephant / by Ajeet N. Mathur
- Mathur, Ajeet N.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XXX, 344 pages 8 illustrations, 5 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1: Finland and India: Unlikely Twins? The logic of value creation in Finland-India businesses -- Chapter 2: What kind of benefits await Finnish business connecting with India? -- Chapter 3: What kind of benefits await Indian business connecting with Finland? -- Chapter 4: Managing Cultural Differences in structuring Finland-India collaborations -- Chapter 5: Managing Institutional Differences in structuring Finland-India collaborations -- Chapter 6: Four gateways for structuring Finland-India business: B2C, B2B, B2G and G2G -- Chapter 7: Organising for Business in Finland: systems, structures and processes -- Chapter 8: Organising for Business in India: systems, structures and processes -- Chapter 9: Challenges in trajectories of Finland and India: The next thirty years -- Chapter 10: Sources of Business Intelligence in Finland and India -- References -- Index.
- This book is about promising collaborative avenues for connecting Finland and India with value propositions for enterprises, consumers and investors worldwide. The book covers institutional and cultural differences and explains the logic of business systems, entry modes, and managerial styles in both countries. It draws on experience of successes and also failures to know what should be done differently. It would also interest policymakers that India's challenges of planting economic orchards in patches of social desert and Finland's struggle to preserve a social paradise against pulls and pressures of economic graveyards in Europe are both solvable with attention to complementarities and synergies. "From his long and rich experience of working with Finnish and Indian companies and passionate research at IIM Ahmedabad in India, and Aalto University and University of Tampere in Finland, Professor Mathur has a very deep knowledge of how to do business in both countries. Every company leader who considers starting Finnish-Indian business should read this new book. This valuable book will help companies entering new markets to flourish by building robust sustainable business relations." - Päivi Leiwo, Chairperson Oilon Oy, Lahti, Finland "This book is a treasure trove of knowledge explaining the business opportunities, policies, cultures, institutions, country trajectories and nuances pertaining to Finland and India. The author has worked in business, government and academia in India and abroad. He has also had a long association with Finland and is able to bring you an insider's perspective of both countries" - Ambassador Ashok Sharma "The author's deep insider experience in the two countries enables him make very sharp observations on both sides. This book will definitely help in understanding the cultural differences and making interactions and communications smoother. " - Iiro Rossi, Managing Director, Holiday Club Resorts, Helsinki "This book is a delightful and important guide for those who want to do business between Finland and India. It brings you the numerous business opportunities which wait to be availed, and highlights the deep understanding of the author of the culture and institutional environment of both countries. Read this book, learn and be surprised!" - Niina Nummela, Vice Dean, Professor of International Business, Turku School of Economics, University of Turku, Finland "This book is a reflection of Ajeet's penchant for deep research and ability to structure and articulate content. This book will be extremely helpful to those who want to develop Indo-Finnish business relations specifically and international business in general. Sonata is currently engaged with business in Finland" - Srikar Reddy, Managing Director, Sonata Software Limited, Bangalore.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27047109