HIV and GI Tract Complications [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Clinical Guide / edited by Lisa M. Chirch, Jurate Ivanaviciene
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Humana, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- X, 199 pages 2 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Chirch, Lisa M., Ivanaviciene, Jurate, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Disorders of the Esophagus -- HIV and the Stomach -- Biliary Tree and Gallbladder Pathology in HIV -- Disorders of the Liver Excluding Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E -- Viral Hepatitis -- Disorders of the Pancreas -- Disorders of the Small Bowel -- Disorders of the Colon and Rectum.
- This text provides a concise yet comprehensive review of GI tract complications of HIV infection. Beginning with an overview on the pathophysiology of HIV and its direct effect on the GI tract, the book outlines opportunistic infections, noninfectious etiologies, diagnostic testing, and therapy in relation to specific organs in the GI tract. Organs covered include the esophagus, stomach, gallbladder and biliary tract, liver, pancreas, and small and large intestines. Written by experts in the field, HIV and GI Tract Complications: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide is a valuable resource for clinicians and researchers interested in HIV/AIDS and associated GI tract complications, that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 27047499