Problems on Partial Differential Equations [electronic resource] / by Maciej Borodzik, Paweł Goldstein, Piotr Rybka, Anna Zatorska-Goldstein
- Borodzik, Maciej
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 248 pages 6 illustrations, 4 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Goldstein, Paweł, Rybka, Piotr, Zatorska-Goldstein, Anna, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Preliminaries -- Distributions, Sobolev spaces and Fourier transform -- Common methods -- Elliptic equations -- Evolution equations -- Bibliography.
- This book covers a diverse range of topics in Mathematical Physics, linear and nonlinear PDEs. Though the text reflects the classical theory, the main emphasis is on introducing readers to the latest developments based on the notions of weak solutions and Sobolev spaces. In numerous problems, the student is asked to prove a given statement, e.g. to show the existence of a solution to a certain PDE. Usually there is no closed-formula answer available, which is why there is no answer section, although helpful hints are often provided. This textbook offers a valuable asset for students and educators alike. As it adopts a perspective on PDEs that is neither too theoretical nor too practical, it represents the perfect companion to a broad spectrum of courses.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27047534