Spirituality in Management [electronic resource] : Insights from India / edited by Sushanta Kumar Mishra, Arup Varma
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 203 pages 12 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mishra, Sushanta Kumar, Varma, Arup, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction: Spirituality and Organisation; Sushanta Kumar Mishra and Arup Varma -- Part I. The Evolution and Characteristics of Workplace Spirituality -- 2. Spirituality in Management: Towards Management by Higher Consciousness; Subhash Sharma -- 3. Adhyatma or Spirituality: Construct Definition and Elaboration Using Multiple Methods; Dharm Prakash Bhawuk -- 4. Constructing Workplace Spirituality in an Indian Context: A Study on Working Professionals; Jatin Pandey -- 5. Nonviolence Behaviour in the Workplace: Myth or Reality?; Ayatakshee Sarkar and Sasmita Palo -- Part II. Empirical Evidence of Workplace Spirituality -- 6. Finding Spirituality at Work through Employee Volunteerism; Devyani Mourya -- 7. Spirituality and an Online Satirical News Venture: The Case of Faking News; Animesh Bahadur and Kunal Kamal Kumar -- 8. Eudaimonia and Hedonia through Enrichment: Pathways to Happiness; Rajesh Premchandran and Pushpendra Priyadarshi -- Part III. Predictors of Workplace Spirituality -- 9. Spiritual Intelligence in the Gig Economy; Arti Sharma and Himanshu Sharma -- 10. Workplace Spirituality as a Predictor of Employee Engagement; Rupa Rathee and Vandana Sharma -- 11. Rethinking Management Education: Integrating Spiritual Values into Education as Envisaged by Swami Vivekananda; Moitreyee Paul -- Part IV. Critical Perspectives -- 12. Critical Perspectives on Corporate Mindfulness and Workplace Spirituality; Vivek Khanna and Prabhjot Dutta Khanna -- 13. Workplace Spirituality: An Agenda for Future Research; Arup Varma and Sushanta Kumar Mishra.
- With spirituality being brought to the fore of management and organisation studies, this timely collection takes a closer look at the relationship between religion and work in India. Bringing together experts from various backgrounds, this book provides a comprehensive review of the topic, addressing its key underpinnings and complexities. Spirituality in Management is divided into four sections, covering the evolution of workplace spirituality, its causes, characteristics and outcomes, and culminating in a critical analysis. A thought-provoking read for scholars, students and policy-makers, this book provides an Indian perspective on managing spirituality at work, and offers insights into successful organisational practice.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 27047630