When misfortune becomes injustice : evolving human rights struggles for health and social equality / Alicia Ely Yamin
- Yamin, Alicia Ely
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 290 pages ; 23 cm.
- Introduction : allegorizing the world -- Indignation and injustice -- The significances of suffering -- Diverging parables of progress -- Dystopian modernization -- Globalizing crises, pandemics, and norms -- Inequality, democracy, and health rights -- Power, politics, and knowledge -- Conclusions : turning toward the world we want.
- Right to health—History
- Human rights—Health aspects—History
- Health services accessibility—Law and legislation—History
- Women's health services—Law and legislation—History
- Medical policy—History
- Health services accessibility—Law and legislation
- Human rights—Health aspects
- Medical policy
- Right to health
- Women's health services—Law and legislation
- 9781503605411 (cloth ; alk. paper)
1503605418 (cloth ; alk. paper)
9781503611306 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
1503611302 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-268) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27050792