The affirmative action empire [electronic resource] : nations and nationalism in the Soviet Union, 1923-1939 / Terry Martin
- Martin, Terry (Terry Dean)
- Ithaca ; London : Cornell University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 496 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- The Wilder House series in politics, history, and culture
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Soviet affirmative action empire -- Borders and ethnic conflict -- Linguistic Ukrainization, 1923-1932. The background to Ukrainization, 1919-1923 -- Affirmative action in the Soviet East, 1923-1932 -- Latinization campaign and the symbolic politics of national identity -- The politics of national communism, 1923-1930 -- The national interpretation of the 1933 famine -- Ethnic cleansing and enemy nations -- The revized Soviet nationalities policy, 1933-1939 -- The reemergence of the Russians -- The friendship of peoples.
- 0801438136 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0801486777 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 465-482) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27056935