The art of RF (Riba-Free) Islamic banking and finance + website [electronic resource] : tools and techniques for community-based banking / Yahia Abdul-Rahman
- Abdul-Rahman, Yahia, 1944-
- Uniform Title:
- Art of Islamic banking and finance
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 2014.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Wiley finance
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Updated and expanded insights into Islamic banking and financeFrom Yahia Abdul-Rahman-the father of Riba-Free (RF) banking-comes the expanded edition of the definitive resource that offers an understanding for applying Islamic banking and financial practices. No matter what your faith or religious beliefs, the book shows how to take a modern American approach to incorporating Islamic financial principles into banking and investment techniques.The Art of Islamic Banking and Finance describes the emergence of a culture of Islamic banking and finance today, which is based on the real Judeo-Christian-Islamic spirit and has proven very effective when compared to 20th century models that use financial engineering and structural techniques to circumvent the Shari'aa Law. The author also reveals information about how fiat money is created, the role of the Federal Reserve, and the US banking system. Abdul-Rahman includes a wealth of real-life examples and offers an analysis of how this new brand of banking and financing yields superior results. Offers the fundamentals on Riba-Free (RF) banking Shows how to apply RF to everything from joint ventures and portfolio management to home mortgages and personal finance Reveals what it takes to incorporate Shariah Law into US financial systems Includes information on why RF banking is a socially responsible way to invest Thoroughly revised and updated, this resource offers a handbook for applying Shari'aa law to American banking and finance"--
"This book explains the application of Shari'aa law to American banking and finance. The book describes the fundamentals of Riba-Free (RF) banking; shows how to apply RF to everything from joint ventures and portfolio management to home mortgages and personal finance; reveals what it takes to incorporate Shariah Law into US financial systems; and includes information on why RF banking is a socially responsible way to invest"--
- 9781118770900 (epub)
- Includes index.
First Edition of this book was published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 27060261