Emotional excess on the Shakespearean stage [electronic resource] : passion's slaves / Bridget Escolme
- Escolme, Bridget, 1964-
- London ; New York : Bloomsbury Arden Shakespeare, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, 302 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Critical companions
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "A brain that leads my use of anger": choler and the politics of spatial production -- "Do you mock old age, you rogues" : excessive laughter, cruelty and compassion -- "Give me excess of it": love, virtue and excessive pleasure in All's well that ends well and Antony and Cleopatra -- Stop your sobbing: grief, melancholy and moderation -- Conclusion: emotional agendas.
- 9781408179666 (HB)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 275-294) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27079709