Renal pathophysiology : the essentials / Helmut G. Rennke, Bradley M. Denker
- Rennke, Helmut G.
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 382 pages) : illustrations (chiefly color)
- Additional Creators:
- Denker, Bradley M.
- Review of renal physiology -- Regulation of salt and water balance -- Disorders of water balance: hyponatremia, hypernatremia, polyuria -- Edematous conditions and the use of diuretics -- Acid-base physiology and metabolic alkalosis -- Metabolic acidosis -- Disorders of potassium balance -- Urinalysis and approach to the patient with renal disease -- Pathogenesis of major glomerular and vascular diseases -- Tubulointerstitial diseases -- Acute kidney injury -- Signs and symptoms of chronic renal failure -- Progression of chronic kidney disease.
- "Renal pathophysiology can be a difficult subject even for the most advanced medical students. This Fifth Edition of Renal Pathophysiology: The Essentials provides an easy-to-read, case-based approach to learning the mechanisms of renal disease. Each chapter focuses on a mechanism of kidney disease and includes an opening case, learning objectives, integrated open-ended questions, and chapter-ending summaries. Updated with the latest clinical advances and research, this edition also features full-color illustrations and photomicrographs, suggested readings, and online and in-book Q&As."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781975109592 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27087315