Sapira's art & science of bedside diagnosis / Jane M. Orient
- Orient, Jane M.
- Additional Titles:
- Sapira's art and science of bedside diagnosis
Art & science of bedside diagnosis
Art and science of bedside diagnosis
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 742 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Sapira, Joseph D., 1936-
- Introduction -- The interview -- The history -- The case record -- General apperance -- The vital signs -- Integument -- Lymph nodes -- The head -- The eye -- The ear -- The nose -- The oropharynx -- The neck -- The breast -- The chest -- The heart -- Arteries -- Veins -- The abdomen -- Male genitalia -- Female genitalia -- The rectum -- The extremities -- The musculoskeletal system -- The neurologic examination -- Clinical reasoning -- Some bedside laboratory tricks -- Annotated bibliography.
- "The physical exam can either determine disease or confirm good health. When a patient presents to her physician with a set of symptoms, the physical exam and patient history can identify the cause and serve as a guide for subsequent diagnostic testing. It is a key building block in the practice of medicine, yet students and residents have difficulty determining what information is relevant and how it applies to the patient"--Provided by publisher.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27087320