The Proof is in the Painting
- Quanbeck, Katelin
- [University Park, Pennsylvania] : Pennsylvania State University, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Cobb, William J. (William James), 1957- and Schreyer Honors College
- honors.libraries.psu.edu , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access.
- In this project, I used the knowledge of forensic science and criminalistics that I have learned while at the Pennsylvania State University to write a crime novel that involves the following case: in 2018, a college student was shot twice and left for dead in the middle of campus on a Friday night. A bold robbery occurred at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Forensic science and police resources came up empty-handed, and both cases went cold quickly. They were left unsolved for decades. Fifty years later, technology and science have opened up new opportunities for exploring cold cases. At the FBIs Historical Crimes Division, Agent Idris Hart opens up the cold case of Marjorie Horner, murdered on her college campus in 2018, and is quickly drawn into a twisted web of stalking, robbery, and murder. Using virtual reality and faithful forensic science, Agent Hart strives to discover the truth behind Marjories murderand realizes there might be more to her story than what meets the eye.
- Other Subject(s):
- Dissertation Note:
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University 2019.
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 27087718