Global histories of work [electronic resource] / edited by Andreas Eckert
- Berlin : De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 367 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Eckert, Andreas, 1964-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Why all the fuss about global labour history? / Andreas Eckert -- The globalization of labour history. The promise and challenges of global labour history / Marcel van der Linden ; Writing a global history of convict labour / Christian G. De Vito, Alex Lichtenstein ; Rethinking worlds of labour : Southern African labour history in international context / Philip Bonner, Jonathan Hyslop and Lucien van der Walt -- Varities of work. Workers in the world : Indian seafarers, c. 1870s-1940s / G. Balachandran ; Soldiering and working : almost the same? Reviewing practices in industry and the military in twentieth-century contexts / Alf Lüdtke ; Work : transformation of objects or interaction between subjects? / Gerd Spittler -- Dynamics of labour relations. The politics of ambiguity : conditional manumission, labor contracts, and slave emancipation in Brazil (1850s-1888) / Sidney Chalhoub ; Regulated informality : legal constructions of labour relations in colonial India 1814-1926 / Prabhu P. Mohapatra ; The legal status of labour from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century : Russia in a comparative European perspective / Alessandro Stanziani -- The end of wage labour? Wageless life / Michael Denning ; The problem with work / Kathie Weeks ; Reshaping the social contract : emerging relations between the state and informal labor in India / Rina Agarwala.
- 9783110442335 (alk. paper)
- Collection of texts published previously.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- This eBook is made available Open Access under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0 https://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/open-access-policy
View MARC record | catkey: 27090829