The Last Man [electronic resource]
- Shelley, Mary 1797-1851
- New York : Open Road Integrated Media, LLC Feb. 2015
- Physical Description:
- 432 p.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Mary Shelley's astounding look at the end of the worldSet at the end of the twenty-first century, The Last Man is a moving and fantastical account of the apocalypse. Faced with a populace clamoring for more democratic rule, the last king of England relinquishes his throne. Suddenly a mysterious plague sweeps the globe, drawing ever nearer to England. As war, disease, and death ravage humanity, ideals of fairness and love are quickly supplanted by the imperative of survival.With semibiographical characters drawn from Shelley's own inner circle of friends and colleagues, this book is at once a look at the end of mankind and a critique of Romanticism. The Last Man's themes of destruction resonate as much now as they did nearly two hundred years ago.This ebook has been professionally proofread to ensure accuracy and readability on all devices.
- 9781504005913 and 1504005910 (E-Book)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Open Road Integrated Media, LLC
View MARC record | catkey: 27102472