Monumental matters [electronic resource] : the power, subjectivity, and space of India's Mughal architecture / Santhi Kavuri-Bauer
- Kavuri-Bauer, Santhi, 1968-
- Durham [NC] : Duke University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 216 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Breathing new life into old stones : the poets and artists of the Mughal monument in the eighteenth century -- From Cunningham to Curzon : producing the Mughal monument in the era of high imperialism -- Between fantasy and phantasmagoria : the Mughal monument and the structure of touristic desire -- Rebuilding Indian Muslim space from the ruins of the Mughal "moral city" -- Tryst with destiny : Nehru's and Gandhi's Mughal monuments -- The ethics of monumentality in postindependence India.
- 9780822348993 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780822349228 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -205) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27108712