Nutritionism [electronic resource] : the science and politics of dietary advice / Gyorgy Scrinis
- Scrinis, Gyorgy
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 352 pages ; 24 cm.
- Arts and traditions of the table : perspectives on culinary history
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A clash of nutritional ideologies -- The nutritionism paradigm : reductive approaches to nutrients, food, and the body -- The era of quantifying nutritionism : protective nutrients, caloric reductionism, and vitamania -- The era of good-and-bad nutritionism : bad nutrients and nutricentric dietary guidelines -- The macronutrient diet wars : from the low-fat campaign to low-calorie, low-carb, and low-GI diets -- Margarine, butter, and the trans-fats fiasco -- The era of functional nutritionism : functional nutrients, superfoods, and optimal dietary patterns -- Functional foods: nutritional engineering, nutritional marketing, and corporate nutritionism -- The food quality paradigm : alternative approaches to food and the body -- After nutritionism.
- 9780231156561 (cloth : acid-free paper) and 9780231527149 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-330) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27112785