Mitchell Building architectural plans [graphic] : University Park, Pa.
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University, 1967-1968.
- Physical Description:
- 44 architectural drawings : positive blueprints ; 77 x 108 cm or smaller
- Additional Creators:
- George W. Neff & Associates, Hassinger & Schwam, Pennsylvania. General State Authority, and Pennsylvania State University. Department of Physical Plant Planning and Construction
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- The collection contains 44 architectural drawings for Mitchell Building at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus. It includes floor, foundation and site plans, detail drawings, sections, and framing, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical diagrams and plans. Most of the drawings are dated 1967-1968. and 39 of the drawings are stapled together and were made by the General State Authority of Pennsylvania. The remaining 5 drawings are stapled together and were done by the Dept. of Physical Plant Planning and Construction. The drawings are labeled as "Instructional Services Office Building" or "Proposed U.D.I.S. Building."
- In the University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#RGN 28)., Scales differ., "Building no. 16.", Architects: George W. Neff & Associates; associates: Hassinger & Schwam., and "Project no. G.S.A. 800-90, O.E. project no. O.E. 4-2-00145-0."
- Administrative History:
- Mitchell building was constructed in 1969 near the corner of Shortlidge Rd. and Park Ave. It was named in 1971 for Judge H. Walton Mitchell, a member and president of the university's Board of Trustees, 1902-1929. The building housed various departments dealing with instructional, testing, learning, photographic, and audio-visual services. The building was torn down in May 2003.
- Index Note:
- Related images have been scanned and are available at http://www.psubldg.libraries.psu.edu/buildings.html.
View MARC record | catkey: 2712072