One for the Higger : Jack Higgs, a man for all seasons
- Additional Titles:
- Jack Higgs, a man for all seasons
- Johnson City, TN : Printed by East Tennessee State University Press, [1994?]
- Physical Description:
- 204 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Olsen, Lyle
- One for the Higger: Jack Higgs, a man for all seasons / Thomas Burton -- Jack Higgs and the mighty knicks of Knoxvill: a memoir / Neil D. Isaacs -- The unshined shoe / Robert J. Higgs -- The caring gardener of leisure / Lyle Olsen -- Mountain gloom and mountain glory in the old and new worlds / Jean Haskell Speer -- Energy (poem) / Don Johnson -- Smokemont: memories of a fish hatchery childhood / John Morefield -- The liberal arts and higher education today / Bert C. Bach -- The uncertainty of history / Richard C. Crepeau -- Suzanne Lenglen: symbol for an age / Susan J. Bandy -- "And hope for all the language is": Whitman, Dickinson, and the reader / Ron Giles -- "Who the Hell are you, kid?": language, nostalgia and identity in the baseball poem / Don Johnson -- The lonely marathon / Kevin Lewis -- The comparison of black and Appalachian storytelling / Loyal Jones -- His lake (poem) / Betty J. Williams -- Red-eye and Jack Higgs / Mick Davenport -- Thoreau could have predicted it / Anne S. Darden -- Diving deep: notes on "Grabbling" -- Grabbling (poem) / Don Johnson -- Wet-one-up: cheating honestly / Lyle Olsen.
- Poetry, short stories, memoirs, and essays honoring Robert J. (Jack) Higgs, by Lyle Olsen and other contributing authors.
- Cover title.
Includes the professional vita of Robert J. Higgs, one of the premier scholars in sport literature.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2716929