The vocal works (1975-1981) [sound recording] / Elliott Carter
- Carter, Elliott, 1908-2012
- Uniform Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- [Place of publication not identified] : Bridge Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Mason, Patrick, Schadeberg, Christine, Ciesinski, Katherine, Opalach, Jan, Garrison, Jon, Starobin, David, Palma, Donald, Purvis, William, Black, Robert, 1950-1993, Carter, Elliott, 1908-2012, and Speculum Musicae (Musical group : United States)
- Three poems of Robert Frost (4:46) -- A mirror on which to dwell (17:09) -- Syringa (18:53) -- In sleep, in thunder (20:31).
- ["00:04:46", "00:17:09", "00:18:53", "00:20:31"]
- Sung in English (1st-2nd, 4th works) and Greek (3rd work).
Program notes and texts to the songs with an English translation of the 3rd work (28 p.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Patrick Mason, baritone (1st work) ; Christine Schadeberg, soprano (2nd work) ; Katherine Ciesinski, mezzo-soprano, Jan Opalach, bass-baritone (3rd work) ; Jon Garrison, tenor (4th work) ; Speculum Musicae ; David Starobin (1st work), Donald Palma (2nd work), William Purvis (3rd work), Robert Black (4th work), conductors.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Rehearsed, recorded, mixed, and mastered under the composer's supervision, Oct. 21, 1987 (1st work), Dec. 2-3, 1988 (2nd work), Dec. 5-6, 1988 (3rd work), and Oct. 20-21, 1987, in New York.
View MARC record | catkey: 2721447