President's Cabin architectural plans [graphic] : University Park, Pa.
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University, 1934-1958.
- Physical Description:
- 7 architectural drawings : black and white, pencil ; 46 x 76 cm or smaller
- Additional Creators:
- Loman, H. W., Trainer, Walter W. (Walter William), 1896-1977, Pennsylvania State College. Department of Grounds and Buildings, and Pennsylvania State University. Department of Physical Plant
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- The collection contains 7 architectural drawings for the President's Cabin at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus. It includes floor plans, a foundation plan, a roof plan, a site plan, detail drawings, sections and elevations. and Five of the drawings were made by architect H.W. Loman in 1934 and issued by the Pennsylvania State College, Dept. of Grounds & Buildings. These are titled "A log cabin for President & Mrs. R.D. Hetzel located on Slab Cabin Creek." The other two drawings are an undated site plan showing landscape details by W.W. Trainer and a proposed alteration from 1958 issued by the Pennsylvania State University, Dept. of Physical Plant.
- President's Cabin (University Park, Pa.)
- Pennsylvania State College—Buildings—Designs and plans
- Pennsylvania State University—Buildings—Designs and plans
- Log cabins—Pennsylvania—University Park—Designs and plans
- College presidents—Dwellings—Pennsylvania—University Park—Designs and plans
- University Park (Pa.)—Buildings, structures, etc
- In the University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#RGN 28). and Scales differ.
- Administrative History:
- The President's Cabin was constructed in 1934 along Slab Cabin Creek. It was demolished due to the construction of the Mount Nittany Expressway ca. 1978.
- Index Note:
- Related images have been scanned and are available at http://www.psubldg.libraries.psu.edu/buildings.html.
View MARC record | catkey: 2724060