Health and safety needs of older workers / Committee on the Health and Safety Needs of Older Workers ; David H. Wegman and James P. McGee, editors
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wegman, David H., McGee, J. (James), 1950-, National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Health and Safety Needs of Older Workers, and Institute of Medicine (U.S.)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction -- Demographic characteristics of the older workforce -- The role of the changing labor market and the changing nature of work in older workers' work experiences and health outcomes -- The social and economic context of work for older persons -- Physical and cognitive differences between older and younger workers -- Effects of workplace exposures on older workers -- Programs and policies related to the older workforce and safe work -- Interventions for older workers -- Conclusions and recommendations.
- 030909111X (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-278) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 2729875