History and pathology of vaccination
- Crookshank, Edgar M. (Edgar March), 1858-1928
- Philadelphia : P. Blackiston, Son, & co., 1889.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : frontispiece (portrait) illustrations, color plates, folded facsimiles
- I. A critical inquiry.--II. Selected essays, edited by E. M. Crookshank: An inquiry into the causes and effects of the variolae vaccinae, by E. Jenner. An inquiry concerning the history of the cow pox, by G. Pearson. Reports of a series of inoculations for the variolae vaccinae, or cow-pox, by W. Woodville. Further observations on the variolae vaccinae, or cow pox, by E. Jenner. An address to the public on the advantages of vaccine inoculation, by H. Jenner. A conscious view of circumstances and proceedings respecting vaccine inoculation (anonymous). A continuation of facts and observations relative to the variolae vaccinae, by E. Jenner. The origin of the vaccine inoculation, by E. Jenner. An account of some experiments on the origin of the cow-pox, by J. G. Loy. An examination of that part of the evidence relative to cow-pox, &c., by W. R. Rogers. A letter occasioned by the many failures of cow-pox, by J. Birch. On cow pox discovered at Passy (near Paris), by M. Bousquet. Account of a supply of fresh vaccine virus from the cow, by J. B. Estlin. Observations on the variolae, by R. Ceely. Report of the vaccination section of the Provincial medical and surgical association. Further observations on the variolae vaccinae, by R. Ceely. A detail of experiments confirming the power of cow pox identity of the two diseases, by J. Badcock. Correspondence from members of the medical profession, relative to recent supplies of variolae vaccinae, or modified small pox. Small pox and cow pox, by Auzias-Turenne. Cow pox at Eysines (Laforet) (first outbreak), 1881, by C. Dubreuilh. Cow pox at Eysines (second outbreak), 1883, at at Cerons, 1884, by A. Laet. Outbreak of cow pox near Cricklade (Wiltshire), 1887, by E. M. Crookshank.
- Vol. 2 contains reproductions of original title-pages of ten of the essays.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1972. 2 microfiches ; 8 x 13 cm. Reduction ratio varies. (Library of American civilization).
View MARC record | catkey: 273175