To shape our world for good : master narratives and regime change in U.S. foreign policy, 1900-2011 / C. William Walldorf Jr.
- Walldorf, C. William, Jr., 1967-
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 280 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction : master narratives and forceful regime change -- The liberal narrative, restraint narrative and patterns of forceful regime change -- The broad patterns -- Regime change in Korea and China -- Regime change in Cuba and Vietnam -- Regime change in El Salvador and Grenada -- Regime change in Iraq and Libya -- The implications of master narrative politics.
- "This book explores the ways that deeply held, public dispositions toward international politics push U.S. presidents--often against their better judgement--into either highly destructive wars, like Vietnam and Iraq, or away from even minimal action that could do good in the world, like modern-day Syria"--
- 9781501738272 hardcover ; alkaline paper
1501738275 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27379129