Decisions of the 1862 Kentucky campaign : the twenty-seven critical decisions that defined the operation / Larry Peterson ; maps by Alex Mendoza
- Peterson, Lawrence K.
- Knoxville : The University of Tennessee Press, 
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 178 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Command decisions in America's Civil War
- Before the campaign, June 9-July 31, 1862 -- The Kentucky campaign begins, August 1-29, 1862 -- The Battle of Richmond, Kentucky, August 30, 1862 -- The Kentucky campaign continues, August 31-October 7, 1862 -- The Battle of Perryville, October 8, 1862 -- Retreat out of Kentucky, October 9-24, 1862 -- Aftermath and conclusions -- Appendix I. Driving tour of the critical decisions of the Kentucky campaign of 1862 -- Appendix II. Union orders of battle -- Appendix III. Confederate orders of battle.
- "Intended for a general readership, Decisions of the 1862 Kentucky Campaign introduces readers to critical decisions made by both Union and Confederate commanders who faced harrowing situations and attempted to achieve strategic and tactical victories. Like four similar books by Matt Spruill, Dave Powell, and Peterson's own Decisions at Chattanooga, this manuscript for the Command Decisions series contains maps, photographs, and a guided tour of the battlefields. It will be the second project in the series to tackle an entire campaign"--
- 9781621905196 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27379237