Hydromagmatic processes and platinum-group element deposits in layered intrusions / Alan Boudreau (Duke University).
- Boudreau, Alan, 1953-
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 275 pages ; 26 cm
- Preface -- Introduction -- Layered intrusions : an overview -- Magmatic volatiles and fluids -- Geochemistry of the platinum-group elements -- Generation and movement of bubbles and volatile fluids in a crystal-liquid mush -- Halogens in layered intrusions -- Melt and fluid inclusion evidence -- Pegmatoids, pipes, and potholes -- The effects of volatiles on mineral stability and volatile fluxing -- Chromatographic effects -- Compaction-driven stratigraphic traps and the formation of great dyke-type deposits -- Chromitites -- Isotopic evidence -- Some objections considered.
- "The role of hydrothermal fluids during the crystallization of layered intrusions and the ore deposits they contain has long been debated. This book summarizes the evidence for fluid-crystal-liquid (hydromagmatic) interactions and their importance for the understanding of the formation of platinum-group deposits in layered intrusions."--
- 9781108416009 hardcover alkaline paper
1108416004 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27402686