Living with risk : a global review of disaster reduction initiatives / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR).
- New York ; Geneva : United Nations, 2004.
- 2004 ver.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Volume I. Living with risk: focus on disaster risk reduction -- Risk awareness and assessment -- Policy and commitment: the foundation of disaster risk reduction -- Building understanding: development of knowledge and information sharing -- A selection of disaster reduction applications -- Future challenges: a common vision for disaster risk reduction.
Volume II. Annexes. Terminology: basic terms of disaster risk reduction -- Directory of international , regional, national and specialized organizations -- United Nations system: an outline of activities dedicated to disaster risk reduction -- Selected international development agendas and commitments relevant to disaster risk reduction -- Extracts from the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation (JPoI) of the World Summit on Sustainable Development -- References.
- 9211010500 (2 vol. set)
9211010640 (vol. 1)
9211010659 (vol. 2)
- United Nations publication sales no. GV.E.03.0.2 (2 vol. set)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online from the ISDR web site. Address as of 8/11/04: http://www.unisdr.org/unisdr/eng/about_isdr/bd-lwr-eng.htm; current access via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 2740428