Writing, written / Stephen Dixon
- Dixon, Stephen, 1936-2019
- Uniform Title:
- Short stories. Selections
- Seattle, WA : Fantagraphics Books, Inc., 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- First Fantagraphics Books edition.
- Physical Description:
- 214 pages ; 23 cm
- Machine generated contents note: In This One -- This Guy -- The Cap -- Mora -- The Rest of the Day -- Sunday, Around 3 -- Once More -- Time -- A Very Short One -- Another Breakup -- Good News -- Carla Jean -- Try -- Someone Else -- Turning -- My Dearest -- The Mouse in the Rafters -- The Writer -- Depression -- The Kiss.
- In this collection of interconnected short stories, two-time National Book Award-nominee Stephen Dixon illuminates the psychological state of a writer whose wife suddenly, tragically passes away from a debilitating illness. Dixon's evocative vignettes paint a complex portrait of the man's life, zipping backward and forward in time from the creatively fruitful but often tumultuous period of his marriage to his twilight years when, struggling with his loss, he fumbles to find clarity and certainty in his writing. Through his characteristically restrained prose, Dixon navigates the entire breadth of the human experience--from life's joyous highs to its devastating lows, and the pensive moments in between--grappling with themes of love, grief, and companionship with grace and subtlety.
- 9781683961727 hardcover
View MARC record | catkey: 27404514