Moon rush : the new space race / Leonard David
- Foreword : Let's get our global space act together / by Buzz Aldrin -- The moon: What's the attraction? -- What do we know about the moon? -- Paving the way -- Man on the moon: Apollo's lasting legacy -- Laying a new foundation -- Back to the moon -- Giving the moon the business -- New moon rising -- Afterword: Mission control / by the Honorable Harrison H. Schmitt -- Appendix: Lunar exploration time line.
- "It seems a foregone conclusion: We will set foot on the Moon once more. Let this provocative, timely book by veteran space journalist Leonard David be your guide as it happens. Against an inspiring backdrop of history, science, and technology, he explains the explorations, enterprises, and most pressing issues surrounding our lunar satellite today..."--from Back cover.
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration—21st century
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Space race—United States
- Exploration of outer space
- Lunar exploration
- Space flight to the moon
- Space race
- Space flight to the moon—21st century
- Outer space—Exploration—United States
- Moon—Exploration—21st century
- Outer space
- United States
- Moon—Exploration—Government policy—United States
- 9781426220050 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27408396