Colonial Legacies [electronic resource] : Economic and Social Development in East and Southeast Asia / Anne E. Booth
- Booth, Anne, 1946-
- Honolulu : University of Hawaiʻi Press, 
Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 241 pages :) : illustrations, map
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction -- Economic growth and structural change, 1900-1940 -- Agricultural expansion, population growth and access to land -- What were colonial governments doing? The myth of the night watchman -- State -- International trade, the balance of payments, and exchange rate policies: 1900-1940 -- Growth and diversification of the market economy -- Changing living standards and human development -- The greater Asian co-prosperity sphere: 1942-1945 -- The transition to independent states -- Conclusions -- Bibliography -- Index.
0824831616 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780824831615 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-231) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27409036