The enemy of good [electronic resource] : estimating the cost of waiting for nearly perfect automated vehicles / Nidhi Kalra and David G. Groves
- Kalra, Nidhi
- Santa Monica, Calif. : RAND, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 39 pages ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Groves, David G.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Definitions and prior work -- Methods -- Results and discussion -- Findings and conclusions.
- "How safe should highly automated vehicles (HAVs) be before they are allowed on the roads for consumer use? In this report, RAND researchers use the RAND Model of Automated Vehicle Safety to compare road fatalities over time under a policy that allows HAVs to be deployed when their safety performance is just moderately better than human drivers and a policy that waits to deploy HAVs only once their performance is nearly perfect."--Provided by publisher.
- 9780833099372 (pbk : alk. paper), 9781977400024 (prc), and 9781977400031 (ebook pdf)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 33-39).
View MARC record | catkey: 27413552