The fabric of cultures [electronic resource] : fashion, identity, and globalization / edited by Eugenia Paulicelli and Hazel Clark
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 219 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Paulicelli, Eugenia, 1958- and Clark, Hazel
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Eugenia Paulicelli and Hazel Clark -- From potlatch to Wal-Mart: courtly and capitalist hierarchies through dress / Jane Schneider -- Dressing the nation: Indian cinema costume and the making of a national fashion, 1947-1957 / Rachel Tu -- Made in America: Paris, New York, and postwar fashion photography / Helena C. Ribeiro -- Framing the self, staging identity: clothing and Italian style in the films of Michelangelo Antonioni (1950-1964) / Eugenia Paulicelli -- The art of dressing: body, gender, and discourse on fashion in Soviet Russia in the 1950s and 1960s / Olga Gurova -- Fashioning appropriate youth in 1990s Vietnam / Ann Marie Leshkowich -- Youth, gender, and secondhand clothing in Lusaka, Zambia: local and global styles / Karen Tranberg Hansen -- Fashion design and technologies in a global context / Michiel Scheffer -- Fabricating Greekness: from fustanella to the glossy page / Michael Skafidas -- Fashion Brazil: South American style, culture, and industry / Valéria Brandini -- Fashioning "China style" in the twenty-first century / Hazel Clark -- From factories to fashion: an intern's experience of New York as a global fashion capital / Christina H. Moon.
- 0415775426 (hbk. : alk. paper), 9780415775427 (hbk. : alk. paper), 0415775434 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780415775434 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27413961