Kemalism in Turkish politics [electronic resource] : the Republican People's Party, secularism and nationalism / Sinan Ciddi
- Ciddi, Sinan
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 196 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in Middle Eastern politics ; 10
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: social democracy, Kemalism and the Republican People's Party -- Kemalism and the left -- Mainstream left politics: 'democratic left' ideology and the CHP -- Appraising centre-left politics 1961-1980 -- The 12 September coup d'état and its aftermath: the displacement of centre left politics? -- Accounting for the weakness of the centre-left in the 1990s: ideological considerations -- A crisis of Kemalist modernity? -- Three cases: the Alevis, trade unions and the urban vote -- Revisionism: an anathema for the Turkish centre-left and the principle of 'ideological adaptability' -- Conclusion: the CHP: the continued projection of centrist politics?
- 9780415475044 (hardback : alk. paper), 041547504X (hardback : alk. paper), 9780203884744 (ebook), and 0203884744 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -193) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27416725