Media choice [electronic resource] : a theoretical and empirical overview / edited by Tilo Hartmann
- New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 306 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hartmann, Tilo
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Social cognitive theories of media selection / Robert LaRose -- Action theory, theory of planned behavior and media choice / Tilo Hartmann -- Uses and gratifications as media choice / Marina Krcmar and Yuliya Strizhakova -- Money does matter / Helmut Scherer and Teresa K. Naab -- The effect of subjective quality assessments on media selection / Jens Wolling -- Fast and frugal media choices / Julian N. Marewski, Mirta Galesic, and Gerd Gigerenzer -- Cognitive dissonance theory : a roller coaster career : how communication research adapted the theory of cognitive dissonance / Wolfgang Donsbach -- Informational utility as determinant of media choices / Matthias R. Hastall -- Affect as a predictor of entertainment choice : the utility of looking beyond pleasure / Mary Beth Oliver -- Media choice as avoidance behavior : avoidance motivations during television use / Andreas Fahr and Tabea Böcking -- Media choice on a micro level : on-line selective strategies in watching television / Helena Bilandzic -- The role of structure in media choice / James G. Webster -- Media choice despite multitasking? / Cees M. Koolstra, Ute Ritterfeld, and Peter Vorderer -- Media synchronicity and media choice : choosing media for performance / Alan R. Dennis, Robert M. Fuller, and Joseph S. Valacich -- Media adoption and diffusion / Thilo von Pape.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27417386