Prefabulous world [electronic resource] : energy-efficient and sustainable homes around the globe / Sheri Koones ; foreword by Robert Redford
- Koones, Sheri, 1949-
- Additional Titles:
- Energy-efficient and sustainable homes around the globe
- New York : Abrams, 
- Physical Description:
- 300 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Redford, Robert
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Australia. Elsternwick ; Dangar Island House -- Austria. Plus Energy Passivhaus ; Eliasch House ; Solar Tube -- Canada. Nexterra LivingHome ; Beachaus ; Kitsilano ; The Morris Island House -- Chile. SIP Panel House -- Costa Rica. Casa Iseami -- Denmark. Villa Langenkamp ; The worldFLEXhome -- England. Archway Studios ; Camden Passivhaus ; House Jackson ; Facit House ; The Edge -- France. Evalutive Home ; The Passivhaus in Bessancourt ; Fusion Bretagne ; Positive Energy ECOXIA House -- Germany. green[r]evolution Plus Energy House ; House Bretschneider ; Cliff House ; Low-Energy House ; Dream House ; [Little] Smart House -- Israel. Borderline House -- Italy. New Energy House -- Japan. EDDI's House ; B-House ; U-3 House -- the Netherlands. Energy Neutral Residence -- New Zealand. First Light ; iPAD 208 -- Romania. PRISPA -- South Africa. Ecomo House -- Spain. JP House ; Villa EntreEncinas -- Switzerland. Lugano House ; Casa Locarno -- United States. Laurel Hollow ; Island Passive House ; Montana Farmhouse ; Portland HOMB ; Concord Riverwalk Cottage ; Martis Camp Cabin ; Simblist House at Serenbe ; Everett House.
- This book presents an international look at sustainable home design, it explores a compelling range of design styles and cutting-edge green technologies. The rising cost of fuel and the growing commitment to protect the environment have sparked exciting innovations in prefab home construction around the world. Showcasing many of the unlimited possibilities offered by prefabrication to build incredibly energy-efficient homes, Prefabulous World features fifty sophisticated examples of eco-friendly home design around the globe. With detailed floor plans, multiple gorgeous images of the exterior and interior of each home, and an extensive resource section listing architects, builders, and suppliers, this book is a vibrantly illustrated yet practical guide that reveals how living in a beautiful, well-built, energy-efficient home is achievable for us all, no matter where we live.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 291-300).
View MARC record | catkey: 27419000