Queensland's Threatened Animals [electronic resource]
- Collingwood : CSIRO Publishing Herndon : Stylus Publishing, LLC [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 480 p. 11.750 x 08.500 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Curtis,Lee K., Dennis,Andrew J., Macdonald,Keith R., Kyne,Peter J., and Debus,Stephen Js
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Queensland is home to 70% of Australias native mammals (226 species), over 70% of native birds(630 species), just over half of the nations native reptiles (485) and native frogs (127), and more than 11,000 native plant species. Hundreds of these have a threatened status. In order for Queensland to maintain and recover a healthy biodiversity, Australians must address the serious problems faced by their natural environment habitat loss, inappropriate land management, change in fire regimes, pollution of natural resources, proliferation of invasive species and climate change.This comprehensive and practical guide to Queenslands threatened animals features up-to-date distribution data, photos and maps for most of Queenslands threatened animals.KEY FEATURES* Includes up-to-date distribution data, photos and maps* Includes a comprehensive list of resources, with key state, national and international organizations involved in the recovery of threatened species* Complemented by an open access website that will be updated on a regular basis
- 9780643096141 and 0643096140 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade CSIRO Publishing
View MARC record | catkey: 27419295