Wall Street lingo [electronic resource] : thousands of investment terms explained simply / by Nora Peterson
- Peterson, Nora, 1948-
- Ocala, Fla. : Atlantic Pub. Group, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 288 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Market mechanics -- The exchanges : at home and abroad -- Exchange operations : bringing order to the markets -- Playing fair : rules and regulations -- Who's who -- The big wheels : Wall Street professionals -- The money machines : bankers, economists and world trade -- The money makers : corporations at home and abroad -- Investors, big and small -- The industry guard dogs : regulators, enforcers and safety nets -- Market forces -- Economics for investors : the ups and downs of business the business cycle -- Economic indicators : taking the business cycle temperature -- The long and short of trends, cycles and crashes : market movement and the indexes that track them -- Asset classes -- Stocks : owning a piece of something big -- Funds : letting a professional make the decisions -- Bonds : loaning corporations and governments money -- Options and futures : taking bigger chances -- Initial public offerings : the darling of the 90s -- Analysis strategies: identifying a good investment when you see it --Fundamental analysis : cheap or undervalued? -- Decoding financial statements : seeing beyond the numbers -- Equity valuations : it's all relative -- Bond valuations : all debt is not created equal -- Technical analysis : using the past to predict the future -- Charting : more than pretty pictures -- Investment mechanics -- Tools that match your style : starting with the right broker -- Orders, quotes and fills : getting the price you want -- Recordkeeping and taxes : paying the piper -- Additional resources -- Investor resources : getting help when you need it -- Acronyms : alphabet soup.
- 9781601380388 (alk. paper)
1601380380 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 27421644