Work Smarter with LinkedIn [electronic resource]
- Samuel, Alexandra
- Boston : Harvard Business Review Press June 2013 Jackson : Perseus Distribution [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 66 p.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation If you think LinkedIn is just for job hunting, you're missing out on the many ways you can take advantage of this social network to build the professional relationships you need to advance in your career. LinkedIn can help you initiate, strengthen, and use the very real human connections that make you effective on the job#151;and help you get ahead. This short, practical book shows you how. In Work Smarter with LinkedIn, social media expert Alexandra Samuel demonstrates the most effective ways to actively build and use your network, sharing tips and tricks on: #149; Deciding which connection invitations to accept #149; Searching for potential connections when you need to establish a new contact #149; Using business travel to make the most of face time with colleagues and contacts #149; Capturing all the connections you've made at a conference #149; When not to use LinkedIn The book also includes a 30-minute quick guide to starting#151;or perfecting#151;your LinkedIn profile. Interested in learning more about how social media can help you get ahead of your daily work#151;and get ahead in your career? Look for more in this series of short, digital books from Harvard Business Review Press and social media expert Alexandra Samuel. Other installments provide the best tips and tricks for using tools like Evernote, Twitter, HootSuite, and Gmail to get organized and improve your performance on the job.
- 9781422195130 and 1422195139 (E-Book)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Harvard Business Review Press
View MARC record | catkey: 27421899