Advances in telemedicine : technologies, enabling factors and scenarios / edited by Georgi Graschew and Theo A. Roelofs
- Rijeka, Croatia : InTech, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (412 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- "Innovative developments in information and communication technologies (ICT) irrevocably change our lives and enable new possibilities for society. Telemedicine, which can be defined as novel ICT-enabled medical services that help to overcome classical barriers in space and time, definitely profits from this trend. Through Telemedicine patients can access medical expertise that may not be available at the patient\2019s site. Telemedicine services can range from simply sending a fax message to a colleague to the use of broadband networks with multimodal video- and data streaming for second opinioning as well as medical telepresence. Telemedicine is more and more evolving into a multidisciplinary approach. This book project "Advances in Telemedicine" has been conceived to reflect this broad view and therefore has been split into two volumes, each covering specific themes: Volume 1: Technologies, Enabling Factors and Scenarios; Volume 2: Applications in Various Medical Disciplines and Geographical Regions. The current Volume 1 is structured into the following thematic sections: Fundamental Technologies; Applied Technologies; Enabling Factors; Scenarios"--Publisher description.
- 9533071591 and 9789533071596
- Title from PDF title page (viewed Aug. 1, 2011).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27422700