Micromachining techniques for fabrication of micro and nano structures / edited by Mojtaba Kahrizi
- Rijeka, Croatia : InTech, February 3, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (300 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Institute for New Technologies (Maastricht, Netherlands)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Focused Ion Beam Based Three-Dimensional Nano-Machining / by Gunasekaran Venugopal, Shrikant Saini and Sang-Jae Kim -- Miniature Engineered Tapered Fiber Tip Devices / by Focused Ion Beam Micromachining by Fei Xu, Jun-long Kou, Yan-qing Lu and Wei Hu -- Fundamentals of Laser Ablation of the Materials Used in Microfluiducs / by Tai-Chang Chen and Robert Bruce Darling -- Microwave Meta-Material Absorbers Utilizing Laser Micro-Machining Technology / by Hongmin Lee -- Laser Micromachining and Micro-Patterning with a Nanosecond UV Laser / by Xianghua Wang, Giuseppe Yickhong Mak and Hoi Wai Choi -- Laser Ablation for Polymer Waveguide Fabrication / by Shefiu S. Zakariyah -- Micro Eletro Discharge Milling for Microfabrication / by Mohammad Yeakub Ali, Reyad Mehfuz, Ahsan Ali Khan and Ahmad Faris Ismail -- Mechanical Micromachining by Drilling, Milling and Slotting / by T. Gietzelt and L. Eichhorn -- Release Optimization of Suspended Membranes in MEMS / by Salvador Mendoza-Acevedo, Mario Alfredo Reyes-Barranca, Edgar Norman Vázquez-Acosta, José Antonio Moreno-Cadenas and José Luis González-Vidal -- Micro Abrasive-Waterjet Technology / by H.-T. Liu and E. Schubert -- Electrochemical Spark Micromachining Process / by Anjali Vishwas Kulkarni -- Integrated MEMS: Opportunities & Challenges / by P.J. French and P.M. Sarro -- Modeling and Simulation of MEMS Components: Challenges and Possible Solutions / by Idris Ahmed Ali.
- "Micromachining is used to fabricate three-dimensional microstructures and it is the foundation of a technology called Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS). Bulk micromachining and surface micromachining are two major categories (among others) in this field. This book presents advances in micromachining technology. For this, we have gathered review articles related to various techniques and methods of micro/nano fabrications, like focused ion beams, laser ablation, and several other specialized techniques, from esteemed researchers and scientists around the world. Each chapter gives a complete description of a specific micromachining method, design, associate analytical works, experimental set-up, and the final fabricated devices, followed by many references related to this field of research available in other literature. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of this technology, the collection of articles presented here can be used by scientists and researchers in the disciplines of engineering, materials sciences, physics, and chemistry"--Publisher's website.
- 9533079061 (hardcover)
- Related Titles:
- InTech Open Access Books
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27423908