Nuclear power / edited by Pavel V. Tsvetkov
- Rijeka, Croatia : Sciyo, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 388 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- The world of the twenty first century is an energy consuming society. Due to increasing population and living standards, each year the world requires more energy and new efficient systems for delivering it. Furthermore, the new systems must be inherently safe and environmentally benign. These realities of today's world are among the reasons that lead to serious interest in deploying nuclear power as a sustainable energy source. Today's nuclear reactors are safe and highly efficient energy systems that offer electricity and a multitude of co-generation energy products ranging from potable water to heat for industrial applications. The goal of the book is to show the current state-of-the-art in the covered technical areas as well as to demonstrate how general engineering principles and methods can be applied to nuclear power systems.
- "First published September 2010."
Title from PDF title page (viewed Dec 6, 2011).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27424134