Banking on multinationals : public credit and the export of Japanese sunset industries / Mireya Solís
- Solís, Mireya
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 273 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Preferential FDI financing and international industrial adjustment -- The rise of Japan as an FDI power -- Japan's regulatory regime governing capital outflows -- Public FDI credit and the expansion of Japanese multinational corporations -- Textiles : public support for the exodus of a declining industry -- The offshore rebirth of Japanese aluminum smelting -- Consumer electronics and the limits of state FDI financing -- Conclusion : crafting comparative advantage through FDI.
- 080474887X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -266) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2747893