Selling the city : gender, class, and the California growth machine, 1880-1940 / Lee M.A. Simpson
- Simpson, Lee M. A.
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 215 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Women and property ownership : staking a claim to the city -- Clubwomen and the growth machine -- Women and the Chamber of Commerce -- Apprenticeship in politics -- Women and city planning -- City and county planning in Santa Barbara.
- 0804748756 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Based on author's thesis (Ph. D.)--University of California, Riverside.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -209) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2748081