Fraternal capital : peasant-workers, self-made men, and globalization in provincial India / Sharad Chari
- Chari, Sharad
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 379 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Introduction: a worker path to capital? -- Social labor and the industrial present: Social labor, or how a town works; Accumulation strategies and Gounder dominance -- The agrarian past in an unstable present: Agrarian and colonial questions; Can the subaltern accumulate capital?; Gender fetishisms and shifting hegemonies; Conclusion: globalizing the muffosils -- Epilogue: Gounders in the third Italy.
- 080474873X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -370) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2751124