A half century of progress in meteorology : a tribute to Richard Reed / edited by Richard H. Johnson, Robert A. Houze, Jr.
- Meteorological monographs, 0065-9401 ; v. 31, no. 53
- A short account of my education, career choice, and research motivation / Richard J. Reed -- Photographs of Richard Reed, through his life and career -- Tropopause folding, upper-level frontogenesis, and beyond / Lance F. Bosart -- Back to frontogenesis / Brian Hoskins -- Polar lows / Erik A. Rasmussen -- The role of the quasi-biennial oscillation in stratospheric dehydration / James R. Holton -- Richard J. Reed and atmospheric tides / Richard S. Lindzen -- Characteristics of African easterly waves / Robert W. Burpee -- The relevance of numerical weather prediction for forecasting natural hazards and for monitoring the global environment / Anthony Hollingsworth, P. Viterbo, and A.J. Simmons -- A life in the global atmosphere: Dick Reed and the world of international science / John S. Perry -- Photographs from the Richard J. Reed Symposium, January 15, 2002 in Orlando, Florida.
- Reed, Richard J.—Congresses
- Meteorologists—United States—Biography—Congresses
- Meteorology—United States—Congresses
- Atmospheric physics—United States—Congresses
- Fronts (Meteorology)—United States—Congresses
- Atmosphere—Research—United States—Congresses
- Dynamic meteorology—United States—Congresses
- Numerical weather forecasting—United States—Congresses
- "December 2003."
"On 15 January 2002 a symposium was held at the American Meteorological Society's (AMS) 82d Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida, to pay tribute to the extraordinary scientific career of Richard J. Reed"--P. vi.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-EMS copy: Purchased with funds from the Class of 1962 Libraries Endowment; 20045.
View MARC record | catkey: 2758856