Getting away from it all : vacations and identity / Karen Stein
- Stein, Karen, 1979-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 242 pages ; 23 cm
- Introduction -- At the beach : relaxation and release -- Tourism and travel : enrichment and edification -- Staying home : familiarity and proximity -- Objects and identity -- Space and place -- Temporality and the self -- Conclusion.
- "Vacations allow us to assess our values and aspirations while we remove ourselves from the everyday grind. Stein looks at how people set boundaries between their ordinary lives and their vacations, what they bring with them, leave behind, and send back. Different types of vacations and their meanings are considered"--
- 9781439918746 hardcover alkaline paper
1439918740 hardcover alkaline paper
9781439918753 paperback alkaline paper
1439918759 paperback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27680879