Disappearing-California c. 1970 : Bas Jan Ader, Chris Burden, Jack Goldstein / Philipp Kaiser
- Director's foreword and acknowledgments / Marla Price -- Whereabouts unknown: Los Angeles in the early 1970s / Philipp Kaiser -- Selected timeline / Jamin An.
- "The artists Bas Jan Ader, Chris Burden, and Jack Goldstein shared a common interest in themes of disappearance in their works in Southern California around 1970. This book accompanies an exhibition by the same title, which reveals a fascinating intersection between these major figures as they respond to cultural pressures like the Vietnam War, conceptual art, and the rise of feminism"--
- Ader, Bas Jan, 1942-1975—Exhibitions
- Burden, Chris, 1946-2015—Exhibitions
- Goldstein, Jack, 1945-2003—Exhibitions
- Ader, Bas Jan, 1942-1975
- Burden, Chris, 1946-2015
- Goldstein, Jack, 1945-2003
- Absence in art
- Performance art—California, Southern—Exhibitions
- Absence in art—Exhibitions
- ART / Individual Artists / Monographs
- ART / Performance
- ART / History / Contemporary (1945-)
- Performance art
- California, Southern
- 9783791358543 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Data/Place of Event:
- "Disappearing--California, c. 1970: Bas Jan Ader, Chris Burden, Jack Goldstein : 2019 May 10-August 11", Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas, United States.
View MARC record | catkey: 27680892