Brand new art from China : a generation on the rise / Barbara Pollack
- Pollack, Barbara (Barbara Ruth)
- Additional Titles:
- Generation on the rise
- London ; New York : I.B. Tauris, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 245 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 22 cm
- The last Chinese artists -- Anyone can be Chinese -- Chinese abstraction -- The Me generation -- Politics and history -- Post-truth -- Post-internet art -- Movers and shakers -- Transnationals in New York.
- "A unique and visionary generation of young Chinese artists are coming to prominence in the art world - just as China cements its place as the second largest art market on the planet. Building on the new frontiers opened up by the Chinese artists of the late 1980s and 1990s, artists such as Ai Wei Wei who came to the West and became household names, this new generation are provocative, exciting and bold. But what does it mean to be a Chinese artist today? And how can we better understand their work? Here, renowned critic Barbara Pollack presents the first book to tell the story of how these Chinese millennials, fast becoming global art superstars, negotiate their cultural heritage."--Publisher's description.
- 1788313135 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27681012