Death on the Devil's Teeth : the strange murder that shocked suburban New Jersey / Jesse P. Pollack & Mark Moran
- The body -- The "runaway" -- The disappearance of Jeannette De Palma -- Witchcraft -- Suspicion -- The mysterious death of Joan Kramer -- The accountant -- The Bergen girls -- The axe murderer -- The trial -- Aftermath.
- As Springfield residents decorated for Halloween in September 1972, the crime rate in the quiet, affluent township was at its lowest in years. That mood was shattered when the body of sixteen-year-old Jeannette DePalma was discovered in the local woods, allegedly surrounded by strange objects. Some feared witchcraft was to blame, while others believed a serial killer was on the loose. Rumors of a police cover up ran rampant, and the case went unsolved along with the murders of several other young women. Now, four decades after Jeannette DePalma's tragic death, authors Jesse P. Pollack and Mark Moran present the definitive account of this shocking cold case.
- DePalma, Jeannette, 1956-1972
- Murder—New Jersey—Case studies
- Crime—New Jersey—Case studies
- HISTORY / United States / State & Local / Middle Atlantic (DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA)
- Homicide—New Jersey—Case studies
- Social conditions
- Springfield (Union County, N.J.)—History—20th century
- Springfield (Union County, N.J.)—Social conditions—20th century
- Springfield (Union County, N.J.)—History
- Springfield (Union County, N.J.)—Social conditions
- New Jersey
- New Jersey—Springfield (Union County)
- 9781626196285 (paperback)
- DISCUSSES THE COLD CASE OF 1972 DEATH OF NEW JERSEY TEENAGER. INCLUDES B&W ILLUSTRATIONS.
View MARC record | catkey: 27681645