Tajikistan on the move : statebuilding and societal transformations / edited by Marlene Laruelle
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 313 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Laruelle, Marlène
- Contemporary Central Asia : societies, politics, and cultures
- Hobbesian neopatrimonialism / Jesse Driscoll -- Rebels without a cause? : authoritarian conflict management in Tajikistan, 2008-2015 / John Heathershaw and Parviz Mullojonov -- From Moscow to Madrid : governing security threats beyond Tajikistan's borders / Edward Lemon -- Tajikistan's multi-vector foreign policy : constructing relations with Russia, China, and the United States / Kirill Nourzhanov -- Dushanbe is quite far : deconcentrated agrarian reform in rural Tajikistan / Brent Hierman -- Local governance in Khatlon, Tajikistan / Suzanne Levi-Sanchez -- Development practices, insecurity, and risks : injectable drug users in Gorno-Badakhshan / Sophie Hohmann -- "A woman without a man is a Kazan without a lid": polygyny in Tajikistan / Michele Commercio -- Oblivion, ambivalence and historical erasure : remembering the civil war in Tajikistan / Tim Epkenhans -- Translocal securityscapes of Tajik labor migrants and the families and communities they leave behind / Hafiz Boboyorov -- Illegal migrants and pious Muslims : the paradox of bazaar workers from Tajikistan / Sophie Roche.
- 9781498546515 (hardcover ; alkaline paper) and 149854651X (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- ED: GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27681648